Learn more about fog computing from keynote presentations, panel discussions, and business/technology tracks: what it is, why it’s necessary, how it will help to monetize IoT, and technology and security approaches. The forum will feature use cases of Fog computing deployments from around the world.
About Fog Computing
The emerging Internet of Things (IoT), 5G wireless systems, and a wide range of new applications such as embedded Artificial Intelligence (AI) have created the need for a new computing and networking paradigm: Fog Computing.
Rather than limit computing to a small number of massive Clouds, Fog distributes computing, storage, control, and networking services closer to the end users along the Cloud-to-Thing continuum that can best meet user requirements. The immersive Fog can address many challenges that Cloud alone cannot effectively address:
- stringent latency requirements
- limited processing and storage capabilities
- battery life of a vast number of devices
- network bandwidth constraints and costs
- security and privacy concerns that arise from the emerging IoT